1. Participating in my first craft show.
2. LOTS of fun treasure hunts in antique shops—specifically this afternoon spent with a dear friend.
3. Finding an amazing little purple typewriter and bringing her home with me.
4. Seeing the Civil Wars play.
5. Getting purple highlights.
6. Going to the Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago.
7. Landing a new job, moving to a new city, and decorating a new little home.
8. Discovering author Kate Morton and getting lost in her books.
9. Spending cozy days inside (while it snowed like crazy outside): Quiet time in prayer. Toast + jam. Reading.
10. Being blessed with lots of special time with family and friends.
And just for fun, here are my “presently delighting in” lists from 2010:
List making (books to read, things to make, words to write, dreams to follow), art journals, and coziness.
Crafty goodness, summer fading to fall, caramel soy lattes, feeling inspired
Vintage treasure hunts, sunshine-filled days, peach iced tea, and creative daydreams.
MARCH + APRIL 2010
Historical fiction, discovering lovely new music, oatmeal bagels with honey, hints of spring, and hope—lots of hope.
DECEMBER 2009 + JANUARY 2010
Quiet mornings, turning the pages of a good book, toast + jam, baking bread, keeping cozy in lots of layers, the woodsy smell of a wood-burning fire, the crunch of snow underfoot, pretty patterned scarves
2010 was an amazing year—full of challenges, creative opportunities, lots of learning, and lots of growing. I’m looking forward to many more adventures in 2011.