I’m on Day 11 of the two She Reads Truth plans I’m working through: Prayer and Living the Surrendered Life. So far, I am taking away SO MUCH good stuff. Being a part of this online community has truly impacted my morning time with the Lord.
AND the two studies come at a perfect time for me, since this summer I was already focusing quite a bit on prayer and surrender in my life. :)
I wanted to share with you all some of the things God’s been laying on my heart, as I’ve read through the selected scripture and spent some time journaling each morning.
A few thoughts on prayer and surrender:
- God wants us to come before Him honestly, sharing our hearts with him and telling Him how we feel and what we need.
- God wants us to pray BOLDLY and PERSISTENTLY.
- God gives His Best to those who leave the choice up to Him. (Whew! That’s a hard one for me to wrap my heart around sometimes. I have to actively surrender and stop trying to control everything!) ;)
- True surrender begins with TRUST. I’ve been asking myself this question: How deep is my trust in Him and in His plan for my life?
- God is glorified through our times of waiting. He will receive glory if we do not waver in our faith. This spoke so much to me, as I’m right in the middle of my 40 Days of Prayer. I felt encouraged to keep praying boldly, honestly, and passionately for those things I believe the Lord has laid on my heart.
- God will always give us The Holy Spirit when we ask, and the Holy Spirit guides and directs us in prayer. It allows us to be God’s witnesses and helps us to know who and what to pray for.
- One of the scripture passages in the Surrender plan was Proverbs 3:5-6 (some of my very favorite verses!). Each day, I read both the NIV and Message translations. Here’s the Message translation for those verses: Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He’s the One who will keep you on track. This is a promise from the Lord. We can be sure of this: If we first trust in Him, listening to His voice and not trying to manipulate our own paths, He will keep us on the right path, the one that’s in accordance with His will. That brings me a lot of comfort.
- It’s important to keep trusting and following Him, even when we don’t understand where He’s leading. He rarely reveals more than a step at a time, but we can bravely follow wherever He leads, because our trust is in Him.
Honestly, I could keep writing and writing on these two topics, but this is becoming a book, so I’ll wrap it up. ;)
As a result of these plans, I’ve been finding so much encouragement to keep growing in the areas of prayer and surrender, and I’m so thankful for that. If you’re a part of She Reads Truth, I’d love to hear about what you’ve been learning. And if you’re not already part of the She Reads Truth community, check it out and think about joining in! :)
I’ll be back later with a few photos from my weekend and a few short updates on my e-book (yay!). It’s been a really good weekend of refreshment, renewal, and creative brainstorming. I really needed it.
Hope your weekend has been wonderful!