This is probably THE MOST unflattering picture of me ever, and I can’t believe I’m actually posting it here, but it’s kind of funny, and I guess it’s appropriate for an enthusiastic 28 Things Recap.
So, let’s get started, shall we? ;)
When I look back over this list and all I’ve done and learned in this past year, I feel incredibly thankful. There were challenging moments and set-backs along the way for sure, but the growth that was achieved and the memories that were made truly outshine those more difficult moments.
1. Start a new art journal.
2. Memorize more scripture. 3. Invest in a new camera and additional photo software.
So happy with my Canon and my photo software from Rad Lab!
4. Continue to pray boldly.
I even dedicated 40 days to praying boldly, and I’m about to embark on another 40-day prayer journey.
5. Try my hand at songwriting.
6. Wear cat-eye glasses.
7. Make a larger-scale collage.
Made this for a dear, dear friend before she moved. It’s probably the largest collage I’ve made to date, and I definitely want to try to make an even larger one at some point! I’m so used to working on small canvases and wood panels, that’s it’s a good creative challenge for me.
8. Host a dinner party.
9. Attempt to make my own homemade pasta.
10. Make a new pumpkin dish (perhaps a pumpkin lasagna or stuffed shells).
I made Pumpkin-Ricotta Stuffed Shells (from a recipe in Country Living magazine).
11. Actively pursue a few of the big creative dreams on my heart. Explore the possibilities. Take risks.
One of the biggest of those dreams is my eBook! So excited to keep you all posted on its progress. Look for a progress update soon! And MAYBE a title reveal, too… ;)
13. Find a Godly mentor. I feel so blessed to have connected with an amazing woman at my church who has agreed to be my mentor! We’ll be beginning our mentorship meetings this fall! I can’t wait! She’s an incredible friend and an inspiring, Godly woman, and I know she’ll have much wisdom to share with me! :) 12. Find a favorite local coffee shop (besides Starbucks).
This should probably be only half crossed out. ;) I visited some local shops, but I wouldn’t say I found a new favorite. (I have, however, rediscovered Starbuck’s caramel apple cider, and I’m fairly certain that’s my new fall addiction.) Ooops! ;)
14. Continue to learn and do all I can to prepare myself to be the kind of Godly wife a Godly man deserves.
This is certainly on-going, but I will say that I’ve learned a ton this past year.
15. Live with an open heart and open hands to receive all God has to give.
This has been my motto this year, and it’s really been something I’ve tried to live by. I can say that at times, it wasn’t easy, but it was always worth it.
16. Fall in love with a new-to-me band.
17. Visit a local pumpkin farm. Carve/paint/decorate purchased pumpkins.
Festive fall weekends are my favorite.
19. Tackle a few organizing projects I’ve been putting off.
18. Find ways to encourage others to use the creative gifts they’ve been blessed with.
I think my new blog focus is going to be very much about doing this, and I’m looking forward to joining an arts-focused missional community at my church this fall.
20. Make it a daily practice to quiet my heart and mind, so I can actively listen to God.
I started doing this during Lent and continued this summer with She Reads Truth. In the last few months, I have learned a lot about prayer and listening to God. It’s been a pretty incredible journey, and I want to keep growing and learning.
21. Revamp my blog design.
Not only did I revamp the design, I also revamped my focus!
22. Go to an art museum.
Went to the art museum AND the history museum! ;)
23. Take an art or writing class (or both!)
24. Start an actual weekly workout routine.
I’ve started regular walks/runs! I’m not always perfectly consistent, but I’m doing fairly well!
25. Go to more craft fairs.
26. Go to the beach!
27. Start a new tradition each season.
28. Begin every day by asking myself, What can I do today that brings more beauty, more energy, more hope? (Inspired by Shauna Niequist)
It’s hard to say I did this EVERY day, but it was definitely on my heart often.
So, there you have it! Stay tuned for my 29 Things list! :)