Hello, and Happy Monday, friends! I’m back with the latest Staying Creative feature. I met Margaret on Twitter a few months ago, and I just love her sweet heart and encouraging blog. I’m so happy to have her join us today to share what’s been inspiring her lately.
So, here we go! Are you ready to get inspired?! ;)
1. I just adore kids. They continue to inspire me with their fresh, youthful attitude and their funny personalities.
2. My journal has become a collection of many things: prayers, inspiring words, excerpts of magazines, color palettes, etc. Journaling helps me compile some of my favorite things in one place. Whenever I’m feeling a little uninspired, I know that I can flip through my journal and find some words of wisdom.
3. I am definitely a morning person. I love having that quiet time to myself before the rest of the world wakes up. I don’t always wake up with time to spare, but when I do, my whole day starts off right.
4. Lately, I’ve been inspired by simple things. I’ve been on a clean sweep, sorting through my things and ridding myself of items that I don’t need. One of my goals for 2013 is to learn how to live with less.
5. I just love calligraphy, my eye is always drawn to it. I’ve been tossing around the idea of taking a calligraphy class, and I even started my own hand lettered project for 2013.
Margaret is an unconventional college girl who can be found staying in on a Friday night with a latte and an episode of New Girl. She balances her days between classes, teaching dance, and blogging. In her spare time, you can find her at used bookstores, on Pinterest, or at Goodwill. She writes about life, style, and faith at floralandfrayed.com.
Thanks for sharing your story + inspirations with us, Margaret!
* * *
How are you staying creative these days? I’d love to hear about your current inspirations. (You can use this hashtag to share them on Twitter: #BeInspiredStayCreative.)