Hi, friends, and happy snowy, wintry Saturday! ;)
I’ve spent my morning cozy inside, baking cinnamon rolls and working through my current YouVersion plans. This morning, I was really moved by this verse: For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. I want to be filling my heart with His word and His truth, so the overflow is fruitful. When I was journaling this morning, I realized that means I need to store up His truth and allow that to impact and influence all I do (whether it’s writing and creating or just my daily interactions with the people God’s placed in my life). Really good, encouraging, convicting stuff. I just can’t skimp on my time with Him. This is something I am definitely learning and growing in.
Are you doing the She Reads Truth Soul Detox plan? If so, would love to know what you’re taking away from it.
I’m also gearing up for today’s Blog Brunch about Pinterest. Yay! Do you participate in the Blog Brunch Twitter events? I always find so much encouragement and inspiration and great resources during the brunches.
This morning, I also found out about My Pretty Pennies’ monthly goals link-up, and you know what a dreamer/goal setter/list maker I am, so this is right up my alley. I’m looking forward to setting monthly goals that support the completion of my 29 Things list and that help me live this year with my One Little Word in mind — taking risks and learning and going further.
So, here we go with February’s goals:
1. Keep at my organization projects. Next up: finish going through clothing and donate unwanted items. And: set up a more efficient desk/work space.
2. Create my own weekly or monthly meal plan/shopping list to help with my goal to eat fewer processed foods and more fresh in-season foods. If you have any great recipe resources, do let me know. I’m looking for quick, simple, healthy, and delicious! ;)
3. Take two Influence Network classes (focusing on personal branding and eBook creation).
4. Finish the next chapter of my eBook (and post my first behind-the-scenes update right here on the blog).
5. Get back into art journaling. Create at least one page in my book this month.
What about you? Do you set monthly goals? If you’d like to participate in the link-up, check out Ginna’s post, here.