Coffee in hand, PowerSheets binder open on the desk, and heart bursting with possibilities…
I just finished sharing my goal-setting progress on Lara’s blog and thought I’d share the progress here, too. Today, Lara has asked us to reflect on what did and didn’t work in 2013 and what lessons we learned as a result of those experiences.
A few of the lessons I’ve learned this year from what DID and DIDN’T work:
- I can accomplish BIG dreams (I published my first eBook: aninspiredlifebook.wordpress.com)! Yay! Happy, happy dance!! It took me a little more than a year to write and create, but I feel so, so thankful to have accomplished that major goal.
- Community is essential, and I love collaborating to create. In making my eBook, I worked with many talented friends, and I realized just how much creative collaboration fires me up. I’m looking to do so much more of that in 2014, and I’m praying and dreaming what that might look like both online and offline (creating inspiring life-giving community in my city).
- Adventures that stretch us are good for the soul. Did some things a little out of my comfort zone this year and was truly rewarded by seeing the way God blesses our bravery. :)
- Faith will get me everywhere (kept dreaming, kept hoping, kept believing).
- Being late causes stress (and so does disorganization). Two things I really want to work on in 2014.
- Disconnectedness from God hurts my focus and creativity. Seek first the Kingdom is something I want to live out even more in my day to day.
- Sometimes, we have to make hard choices that lead to healing and growth.
- Fear is sometimes still too present in my life.
Overall, 2013 was an incredible year of being brave, taking risks, and chasing dreams! So many beautiful memories were made with my sweet friends and family, too! I turned 30 and had an amazing celebration with the people who mean most to me. I went on a California adventure with my sister, and I attended the Influence Conference. I continued to pray about my future marriage and even recently decided to simplify that prayer to this: that I would meet and marry my best friend.
I’m so thankful for all the ways God was working in my life and heart in 2013, and I’m excited to see where He leads me in 2014. I’m ready to do the hard work of making space for Him to move and partnering with Him to follow the purpose and plan He has for my life. Let’s #MakeThingsHappen in 2014, friends! Are you fired up yet?! :)
And speaking of 2014, I’ve chosen my One Little Word…
I’ve already created my One Little Word Pinterest board (it also happens to be my Making Things Happen board for 2014). Decided to simplify things a little this year and have just the one board that encompassed both. I’d love for you to come follow my board and leave me a link to yours, if you’ve created one for your 2014 goals and dreams! Let’s encourage one another in our big dreams and hopes! :)
What about you? I’d love to hear where you’re at in your dream and goal setting process. If you’ve blogged your progress, leave me a link, or feel free to just write yours in the comment section.
I really want this blog to be a place of community and collaboration in 2014. I want A Place to Dwell to be a place where we can share honestly and encourage one another to seek Him and live fully and creatively!
I believe He has possibilities for each of us in 2014, and I’m praying we’d delight in discovering every one.