Wowza, I’ve been away for a bit, haven’t I? I have a lot to figure out when it comes to this little space of mine, but I have some new dreams and ideas I’m excited to explore and share. :) More on that shortly! The reason I’ve been away for so long is it’s been a rough few months (I lost my grandmother in April), so I just haven’t been focusing much on creative pursuits outside of my day job. But I am happy to say that the creative ideas are flowing again, and even though I still miss my grandma every day, the encouragement, love, and support she blessed me with over the years stay right in my heart, bringing comfort, joy, and a beautiful sense of peace. I’ll be honest that I’ve been a bit half-hearted with my powersheets so far this year, but I have been wanting to start posting my goals here and doing a monthly recap to help with motivation and accountabiltity. So, that’s the plan for today’s post. Plus, I miss ya’ll and want to hear about your own goals and adventures and life happenings! :) (Leave me some comments and let’s catch up!) ;) All of that said, here are my June goals (posted just a little late):
- Start exploring, brainstorming, and getting the word out about my new creative venture of helping creative makers and doers tell the stories of their products and businesses (especially local creatives right here in Cleveland). I’m hoping to spread the word via social media and the blog in the next few weeks, as well as by touching base with local creatives at upcoming maker/artist events this summer. YAY! Time to get those business cards ready to pass out! ;) I’ll be putting together a page right here on the blog, too, in order to share more about what I hope to do and how you can work with me.
- Closet-cleaning and Goodwill donating! Hoping to tackle clothes this month (and art supplies if I’m super ambitious). But that may show up on July’s goal sheet. ;)
- Plant flowers and herbs with my mom and hang twinkle lights out on the porch. (This is actually already done! Haha Finished the goal before I had time to write this post.) :) It’s super colorful and cozy, and I love it!
- Brainstorm a list of blog topics and get writing. It is my hope to start posting regularly again, but I want it to be quality content, so I’ll most likely be taking a slow blogging approach and posting about one longer, more in-depth post a week. In between posts, I am hoping to connect with all of my readers right in the comments (and on Instagram, of course!) But I’m looking forward to creating a good balance of living and telling the stories, which is one of my goals this year!
- Financial – I have a few financial goals I am working toward and am excited to continue to grow as a good steward of the resources God gives.
- Launch my new women’s Bible study group (we start next week!).
- Gym 2x a week (continue to do both weights and cardio). I can feel myself slowing getting stronger, and it is so encouraging! I have never stuck with a gym routine for more than a few months, so this is a challenge for me, but I am feeling good about the progress I’ve made so far and want to continue to take intentional steps toward being healthier and stronger!
- Eat more fresh fruits and veggies (and less sugar and processed stuff); I want to cook at least one whole foods meal a week.
- Do each day’s reading and devotional for She Reads Truth Women in the Word study.
- Complete my five-minute journal entry (more on that daily practice in an upcoming post).
- Stick with a daily cleaning routine as much as possible, so my weekends aren’t filled with playing catch-up (15-minutes of cleaning each night does wonders!). ;)
- Institute Internet/phone-free time after 8 p.m. on weeknights (and spend that time reading a book, doing yoga, or just spending some quiet time with God).
- Spend 20 minutes in prayer each day.
So, there you have it! My goals for June. Have you set any goals for this month? If so, how’s it going?