While there are still so many things I’m learning and figuring out, I know I’m truly starting to settle into myself, becoming the woman I know God created me to be, the woman He refines and prunes a little more each season (and really, a little more each day).
As I wrote here, I’ve had mixed feelings about turning 30.
There’s some restlessness in my heart that I’m learning to sit with and surrender.
But I BELIEVE in the plan He’s writing for my life, and I want to keep seeking Him and going where He calls me — with all the confidence and courage I can find.
As I head into a new season, I’m handing over a heart full of hopes, asking Him to weave them into something beautiful and new like only He can.
30 Things for my 30th Year
1. Invest in creating life-giving community.
2. Look for ways to help others find their creative voices and share their stories.
3. Learn how to use the manual settings on my camera — and stop relying on automatic all the time.
4. Learn how to shoot and edit video for the blog. (I’m so inspired by adorable videos like this!)
5. Visit Nashville.
6. Find the perfect fedora.
7. Master the cat-eye make-up look.
8. Memorize more scripture.
9. Attend local art walks.
10. Go to more live music shows.
11. See Once on broadway.
12. Eat brunch at a local French cafe.
13. Further develop my brand: Create a media kit for my blog, and pursue some new partnerships/opportunities/collaborations.
14. Set up some kind of meet-up for local bloggers and creatives to inspire creativity, collaboration, and goal-setting/achieving.
15. Participate in a 5K like this one.
16. Take Kal Barteski’s Script Class.
17. Learn how to vectorize my handwriting in Illustrator.
18. Attend The Influence Conference again.
19. Join a local gym.
21. Try the ombre look.
22. Get involved with Holy Yoga.
23. Organize my office and art supplies.
24. Live out this amazing truth about art spoken by Shauna Niequist: “The myth is scarcity, and the truth is abundance…as an artist, you want the world to be filled with more art.”
25. Date intentionally — with wisdom, hope, and courage. (I sort of feel lame even including this, but let’s face it, it’s a major thing on my heart in this season of life, and I want the Lord to be guiding this and orchestrating it in my life.)
26. Continually speak His truth over myself and the people in my life.
28. Keep dreaming and creating with Him. 29. Find fresh new ways to celebrate my current season. 30. Break free from anything that’s holding me back from FULLY living the life I know He has for me.
*Some of these aren’t quite brand-new… ;) You’ll recognize a few from my29 Things list.