For the past few years, I’ve been creating yearly lists for my birthday. As 31 approaches, however, I’ve decided to create a list that encompasses more than just one year. I usually transfer items from year to year anyway, so this just seems to make good sense. ;)
That said, I’ve written 30 things for my 30s…a list of *30 things I hope to do and accomplish during my 30s (how many times can I use 30 in one sentence? Hah!).
*NOTE: You’ll notice that I don’t have exactly 30 things on this list yet. I wanted to leave a few spots open for new possibilities that might come my way. It’s a list in-progress, and God’s been teaching me to embrace the unknown parts of my story with hope, trust, and excitement. Can’t wait to see what He leads me to add in the seasons ahead. :)
- Continue to grow my faith and deepen my relationship with God. Pray continually; listen; make space for God to move.
- Read through the entire Bible.
- Travel: Nashville, Austin, Seattle, Portland — Europe!!
- Print an Instagram photo album each year that captures and celebrates both the large and small moments of life. (I just printed one that covers the last few years, and I’ll share a post about it soon.)
- Print a hard copy of my eBook.
- Dream up a new idea for a book or women’s devotional.
- Find a book agent, and publish a book thanks to help of said agent.
- Redesign my website and start an e-newsletter.
- Buy a house.
- Marry my best friend.
- Start a family.
- Set up my own art/writing studio space.
- Redefine what art making means to me and the role it plays in my life. (I haven’t made a collage in years, and I miss painting and art journaling. I’d love to explore new textures, colors, and patterns — like neons, metallics, hand lettering, and doodles.)
- Explore new freelance writing possibilities, and pitch to a few dream publications.
- Get a vintage-inspired bright pink or blue bicycle with a basket, and live in a bike-friendly neighborhood.
- Learn how to create videos for my blog/website.
- Find a fitness routine that truly works for me and stick to it.
- Continue to cut processed foods and sugar from my diet; eat foods that make me feel good and energized. Join a CSA.
- Host a holiday dinner for my family.
- Take art and/or writing classes. Never stop learning and growing.
- Host a coffee with creatives event in Cleveland. Be a supporter of the local arts!
- Dip my toes into the waters of DIY-ing and spray paint my living room side tables.
- Continue to explore the Akron/Cleveland art and food scene.
- Practice my hand lettering. (Try brush script! Play with color!)
- Add to my Fiestaware collection.
- Find new ways to mentor/encourage others to live and tell inspired stories (I’d love to mentor college students!).
And that concludes my list so far. I’ll continue to add to and update it as needed. It will be exciting to see how God shapes this list in the seasons ahead, and the adventures that arise as a result.
Do you have a list of your own? I’d love to know what’s on it!